Code of Conduct
Effective Date: March 18, 2018
Anime Matsuri Convention, LLC (AMCLLC) reserves the right to modify and/or update this policy at any time at our sole discretion and without prior notice.
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to assure the safety of all attendees and people involved with AMCLLC. Participation in any AMCLLC and/or affiliate events requires adherence to all of AMCLLC’s Code of Conduct, Rules, and Policies. Determination of violations are at the sole discretion of AMCLLC. Violation of this Code of Conduct or any Rules and Policies may result in forfeiture of event access badge, permanent removal from event premises, and/or termination of position with AMCLLC.
- Please remember to be courteous at all times and abide by facilities, premises, convention center, and hotel rules and policies as well as all federal, state, and local laws.
- A valid AMCLLC event access badge must be worn on the premises and be visible at all times by all attendees.
- Some events require additional ticket in addition to event access badge.
- Government Issued ID such as driver’s license, identification card, passport or military ID, must be available to show proof of age and identification when entering age restricted events and if asked to provide identification on site.
- Assault, discrimination, threatening conduct, racial, religious, ethnic, national origin, sexual orientation, gender or other slurs, bullying, and/or acts of hatred toward others are not allowed.
- If an event admission badge or ticket is lost, it will result in having to repurchase event admission badge.
- All posted signage must be observed.
- Seating is first-come, first-served. Due to fire regulations, standing and sitting in aisles beyond a room’s capacity is not allowed.
- Be courteous during video presentations and panels. Keep noise level to a minimum.
- AMCLLC reserves the right to refuse admission to Panels/Workshops/Viewing rooms to those under 18 during videos and/or panels with adult content.
- Projectiles are not allowed in event facilities and premises. All involved parties will be required to pay the cost of any property damages suffered by individuals, dealers or the hotel.
- Respect all fellow attendees. Cosplayers, including participants of AMCLLC’s Cosplay Contests are representatives of the community and are looked up to. Positive behavior is expected from all attendees. Any kind of harassment towards cosplayers, including but not limited to harassment on social media, will not be tolerated and will be grounds for dismissal from the convention as well as possible ineligibility to participate in future AMCLLC events.
- Solicitation and/or conducting commercial or business transactions without prior written consent from AMCLLC is not allowed. This includes food or beverage sales inside or outside event venue and hotel, solicitation of money, contributions, or donations, distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offers of product, samples, or services of any kind.
- Report any suspicious activities and/or violation of rules, policies, or laws to AMCLLC and/or premises staff.
- Smoking and vaping is allowed only in facilities’ designated areas.
- Possession of open can, bottle, or other receptacle containing alcoholic beverages except in areas specifically designated for consumption of alcohol and in compliance with facilities’ alcohol policies is not allowed. The drinking age in the City of Houston is 21.
- Possession and/or use of illegal substances is not allowed and will not be tolerated.
- Actions that impede the flow of traffic, create hazards or potentially hazardous conditions, or is deemed to interfere with AMCLLC operations may be asked to move or cease activity.
- Any noise or disruptions to other attendees or AMCLLC operations are not allowed.
- The use of hoverboards, skateboards, non-ADA scooter, segways, and other similar items within the facilities is not allowed.
- Weapons, drones, illegal substances, stickers, adhesive graphics on event facilities, signs, non-service animals, helium or mylar balloons, lasars or similar items, coolers, oversized bags and backpacks, motorized vehicles, carts or wagons, confetti or glitter, flammable liquids, use of open flames, or any activity prohibited by law or event facilities are not allowed.
- Failure to comply with the policies, rules, or instructions of AMCLLC, Event Staff, facility staff, hotel staff or law enforcement will result in forfeiture of AMCLLC event badge.
Community Protection Initiative
AMCLLC views the safety and security of all of the event’s participants as a top priority. AMCLLC recognizes the importance of protecting participants and fans of AMCLLC events and activities includings those online and on social media. AMCLLC has a zero tolerance policy with regard to actions or behaviors that threaten the safety of individuals, including but not exclusive to bullying, sexual harassment, sexual assault, violence, and other inappropriate or harmful actions or behavior. The goals of the initiative include recognizing behaviors and risks, raising awareness, encouraging proper action to protect members of the community from potentially threatening behaviors or actions that could put at risk their physical or psychological well being, and create a safe environment for all participants.
- This policy applies to all personnel and parties related to AMCLLC, including but not limited to staff, facilities, venues, employees, volunteers, panelists, performers, guests, Vendors, Artist Alley, exhibitors, members of press, member of industry, attendees and others.
- AMCLLC encourages all participants to recognize the difference each individual can make by being aware and create a safe environment for all.
- All Employees, Volunteers, Panelists, Vendors, Exhibitors, Members of Artist Alley, Guests, and third parties are required to complete and submit a background questionnaire which is subject to background check and verification. Failure to complete the questionnaire or providing false or misleading information will result in immediate dismissal and could result in ineligibility to participate in AMCLLC events in the future. If an individual is found to have previously been engaged in misconduct or released from a paid or volunteer position as a result of misconduct will be deemed ineligible for service or participation at AMCLLC.
- Employees, Volunteers, Panelists, Vendors, Exhibitors, Members of Artist Alley, Guests, and third parties found to have the following are in ineligibility to participate in AMCLLC events:
- Any felony convictions involving but not limited to violence, sexual activity, harm to children, drug or alcohol to minors
- Lesser criminal convictions involving but not limited to force or threat of force against a person, sexual nature, sex offence, cruelty to animals, harm to a minor, requirement to register as a sex offender
- Prior precedents of misconduct or behavior at an AMCLLC event or activity that violates the Community Protection Initiative.
- AMCLLC strictly prohibits abuse, physical force, bullying, harassment, and inappropriate photography at AMCLLC events and on social media.
- AMCLLC strictly prohibits sexual contact or communication with under age-participants. Violations of this policy need to be immediately reported to a superior. Minors are strictly prohibited from participating in adult (18 years of age) content, violations must be immediately reported to supervisor.
- AMCLLC attendees or participants who feel unsafe or concerned for their safety are encouraged to seek assistance from an AMCLLC representative or to proceed to a Solace Square location.
- It is important for all members of the community to be aware, recognize, and report any violations of this Community Protection Initiative including child abuse and suspected child abuse. Witnessing such cases or staff who are approached by an attendee or related party who has witnessed an incident must report it to the correct authorities immediately.
- Refusal by any individual or company to comply with the Community Protection Initiative and AMCLLC Rules and Policies will result in immediate disqualifications to participate in any and all AMCLLC events and may be permanently disqualified from working with AMCLLC in the future.
- Cosplaying is one of the main features of AMCLLC. We ask all Cosplayers and Costumers to be tasteful with their choice of costumes keeping in mind that it is a family oriented event.
- Cosplayers are expected to be mindful and to be careful with large and bulky costumes or accessories especially in high traffic areas.
- Shoes are required at all times. In the case of cosplaying barefoot characters, cosplayers may resort to “invisible shoes.”
- Male cosplayers wearing bodysuits or tight fitting costumes are required to wear a dance belt.
- Cosplayers must abide by all State and Local decency laws. Failure to be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of AMCLLC, will result in request to cover up, to change, or to leave the premises.
Children (12 years and below)
- Kid Pass is required for attendees 6-12 years of age.
- Children under 6 years of age are admitted free with a parent or legal guardian.
- A parent or guardian MUST accompany children 12 years of age and younger at all time. It is their responsibility.
- Taking care of children while providing services on behalf of AMCLLC is prohibited to all related parties.
- In the event of noticing an unaccompanied child who is believed to be 12 years old or younger, it is your responsibility to contact a supervisor, or AMCLLC representative who will notify the corresponding authorities.
- In the event a child 12 years of age or younger is deemed missing, AMCLLC will use all available resources to locate and escort the child to be reunited with their caretaker.
Main Event Guidelines
All kinds of photography or video recording is strictly prohibited during the Main Events Concerts, only exception is official AMCLLC staff photographers and pre-approved press members with no other exceptions. If you are caught violating this rule, your recording device is subject to being confiscated, forfeiture of event badge, and removal from the event premises without refunds.
By attending AMCLLC’s Main Events Concerts, you understand and agree to the above rules.
Photography for personal use
Photography is allowed for personal use in Cosplay Contest, J-Fashion Show and Club AM
No Flash Photography
- No Smoking in the Main Events.
- No alcohol allowed in the Main Events except as provided by the venue.
- Possession or use of illegal substances in Main Events (and all convention facilities) are not allowed.
- No over-sized bags or cosplay props in the audience
- Everyone in the convention space including the Main Events must have a valid badge and ID.
- Security rules and personnel must be obeyed at all times.
- No climbing on stage at anytime
- No re-entry into Main Events for 30 minutes after events starts
AMCLLC understands that carrying props and replicas is important to many fans as part of the convention experience. Fans of prop weapons or other items permitted below must understand that they use and carry them at their own risk and assume all risks of liability to and from anyone injured or otherwise harmed directly or indirectly by the fans acts or inaction and property damaged. AMCLLC shall not be liable for injury, harm, property damage, or other liability associated with any person`s use of any weapon, permitted, or banned, at AMCLLC.
You may not be permitted to carry any kind of functional projectile weapon. This includes individuals who possess a weapons permit or concealed weapons permit. Keep them at home. Anyone found in possession of such a weapon will immediately have their membership revoked. Individuals caught in the illegal possession of a functioning projectile weapon will be reported and turned over to the proper authorities. All other items that could be used as a weapon MUST be peacebonded.
- Swords, Axes, Spears, Pikes, Staves, etc. should be made out of wood, PVC, foam, plastic, cardboard, or paper. ABSOLUTELY NO METAL weapons will be permitted on convention center grounds.
- Weapons should never be waved around in a manner that may be construed as use of the weapon (this is considered brandishing).
- Brandishing any weapon-like item is NOT permissible. Brandishing is defined as drawing, exhibiting, or using any weapon whatsoever in a rude, angry, or threatening manner or using a weapon in any fight or quarrel.
- Gun replica or other replica projectile weapons should not be pointed at anyone at any time. Replica pistols need to remain in a holster; replica rifles need to be slung.
- Paddles (all varieties-including “yaoi paddles”) are not allowed.
- No functioning projectile weapons or props will be allowed. This goes for Airsoft, Nerf, bows and arrows, pellet guns, etc.
- Weapons such as Airsoft, Nerf, etc. may be permitted IF and ONLY IF the tip of the guns are obviously orange AND the gun is no longer capable of firing projectiles. This means that leaving the CO2 canister at home does not count as disabling the airsoft gun. Barrels must be filled and made solid, firing mechanisms must be removed, triggers must be removed, bows must be without string, or something along these same lines to make the weapon incapable of use without doubt.
- Weapons check will ultimately have the last say with whether or not a weapon is deemed too dangerous to be permitted onto conventions grounds.
- Exotic weapons will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Do not bring weapons that AMCLLC Staff, Convention Security, Hotel security, Houston Police Dept., and Montgomery County Sheriffs cannot tell are fake from ten feet away.
- Weapons that are purchased in the dealers room at AMCLLC must be kept wrapped and then immediately removed from the convention following purchase
- Drawing a weapon in the convention space, including parking lots, may result in immediate revocation of convention membership. Keep in mind, police will assume all drawn weapons are functional, and will act accordingly.
- These rules are for the safety of all participants and the safety of AMCLLC. We are posting and enforcing these to protect participants from physical and/or legal harm. The rules are NOT open to interpretation nor will they be a point of argument. The rules are final and if they are broken, it can and will result in badge being forfeited and violators may not be allowed to participate in any future AMCLLC events.
- The George R. Brown Convention Center has the ultimate say in weapons policy.
Autographs and Photo Ops will be held in Exhibit Hall C/Vendor Room. Open during regular Exhibitor Hall hours.
Attendees are not allowed to line up for an autograph session more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Attendees gathering near the autograph area before that time will be asked to disperse. Attendees are also responsible for keeping up with any schedule changes for each session; official Anime Matsuri app will be continuously updated.
To keep the line moving, we request that attendees bring no more than the one item authorized to be signed (included with purchase). Items should be prepared, out, and ready for signing at time of session. For Musical Guests, autographs are only allowed on the artist’s merchandise; purchased from AM booth or directly from vendor at time of signing. One item per person; unless specified otherwise.
Attendees are welcome to take photographs of the guests as they sign and behind the table only. Please do not ask a guest to come around and take pictures with you.
Only authorized licensed goods are allowed for autograph. (see more below)
Please be courteous to our guests and refrain from unsolicited physical contact and/or excessive communication as our guests are under time restraints and must adhere to allotted time slots.
- Super-pass holders have priority in line for all autograph and photo op sessions.
- Reservations/Tickets will only be available for purchase from the website through Eventbrite. There is a limited number of autographs available, no exceptions will be made. Any unclaimed spots will be available for sale from the website throughout time of convention until the time of signing.
- Each purchase comes with one (1) item to be signed; provided/obtained from the Autograph Kiosk(s). This item can be substituted by other official merchandise that has been obtained at AM booth ONLY.
- To guarantee an autograph, attendees must:
- Have bought their Reservation/Tickets from the AM Website through Eventbrite
- Have picked up physical redemption-ticket and physical item-to-be-autographed from Autograph Kiosk(s)
- Line up at the time of scheduled autograph session with redemption-ticket and autograph-item in hand
- For Volunteers that on shift during the time of an Autographs or Photo OP session, you will be allowed to line up behind Super Pass holders to allow for a timely session to allow for
AFTER CONCERT AUTOGRAPHS:
- The musical act(s) will ONLY sign their official merchandise.
- Merchandise will be sold at the Anime Matsuri Booth during regular hours AND at the Autograph Session after the concert: location TBA
- Reservations for musical act(s) autographing will also be available online
- Photo Op reservations will be available through purchase from the website through Eventbrite ONLY.
- Reservation/Tickets for Photo Ops are limited and required. No exceptions will be made.
- Photo Ops include: One (1) set of Purikura prints with digital copies available online.
- Purikura Machine will also be available to convention attendees for personal use during assigned times outside of scheduled Photo-Op sessions. Purchase of “personal use” will be available on site.