Anime Matsuri strives to promote anime and Japanese pop culture in high schools and colleges across the greater Houston area.
Starting this year, schools with Anime Clubs are invited to apply for sponsorship. If the application is approved, the club members will receive complimentary passes to Anime Matsuri 2024 on August 8-11 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston.
The requirements and guidelines for sponsorship are detailed below:
– Must be a High School or College in the greater Houston area
– Must have an established or official Anime Club
– Anime Matsuri will sponsor passes for up to 30 members per club
– Application must be submitted by a teacher or faculty of the school (it can not be done by a student/club member)
– School name and logo will be featured on Anime Matsuri convention website/platforms
– Deadline to apply is Feb 1, 2024 OR when the quota is filled. Approved sponsorship is on a first come first served basis.
– Each school must submit a digital artwork made by members of their Anime Club with any of the themes below. The artwork will be displayed at the convention and Anime Matsuri attendees will vote their favorite art piece. The winning school club will receive additional prizes. The deadline for the artwork is May 1, 2024. The art must be hand-drawn by the students of the anime club (no AI art) and be family friendly. The themes are:
- Futuristic Japan
- Sports in Anime
- Anime Brings The World Together