Media/Press Rules and Guides
Welcome to the Media/Press Rules and Application for Anime Matsuri 2014. Please read all rules and guidelines before sending in your application.
Due to the high number of Press requests only personnel from trustworthy media outlets will be considered. Applying for Press credentials does not automatically grant you approval. The process takes 4-6 weeks depending on workload, please plan accordingly.
- Print Media and Student Press – Provide at least three copies of your work (articles, reports) from your company, a copy of your press credentials, and also (if applicable) a letter of intent on company letterhead from your supervisor/teacher/editor to cover the event.
- Film or Broadcast Media – Provide one example of your work (previous video clips, DVD/Video Releases, etc.), a copy of your press credentials, and also (if applicable) a letter of intent on company letterhead from your supervisor/teacher/editor to cover the event.
- Internet Based Media/Press – Provide copies of your work (as described above), a copy of your press credentials, and also (if applicable) a letter of intent on company letterhead from your supervisor/teacher/editor to cover the event.
Privileges provided by Press Pass during the convention.
- One 3-Day Pass for the actual applicant. ( This will allow you to all events, panels, and public convention areas on Levels One and Two of the hotel and convention center as well as Import Reactor for all three days of the convention.)
- Allows early entry into certain events. (This list will be provided prior to the convention)
- Pre-approved (though, not guaranteed) scheduled interviews with guests.
- Press Kit for Media/Press approved applicants (Limited Amount).
Privileges not provided by this Pass during the convention
- This pass does not provide you a free hotel room. Plan accordingly.
- This pass does not provide you free travel to the convention. Plan accordingly.
- This pass does not provide you free food for the duration of the convention. Plan accordingly.
- Does not allow access to the VIP/Priority seating area during the main events and certain events or panels.
- This pass does not allow preferential treatment during autograph sessions.
- This pass does not allow you access to private convention areas located on Levels One and Two of the convention center and as well as other areas used in the hotel.
Photography and Video Recording Rules
Photography and/or video recording is allowed in all panels(except stated otherwise), events, and public convention areas, EXCEPT Main Events Concerts.
All press personnel wanting to photograph the main events must be pre-approved.
A listing of all panels and events that will not allow photography or video recording will be provided prior to the convention.
Consequences for not adhering to the the Media/Press rules
- Badge removal, and/or possible removal from the convention and/or hotel.
- Removal for consideration for a Media/Press Pass for next year’s Anime Matsuri. If offense is severe, a longer penalty may be enacted.
- A ban may be instituted on the actual person as well as possibly the company being represented by that person from attending Anime Matsuri.
Once approved, the maximum number of complimentary Press Passes given per company is 4.
Please do not submit more than one application per company.
Anime Matsuri reservers the right to revoke or remove any Media Pass prior to or during the convention.
If you have further questions concerning Media/Press passes, e-mail the Media Director
Follow all other rules as described in the Code of Conduct